Friday, August 20, 2010

'Just Kidding' and 'Ganging Up' From Odd Girl Out by Rachel Simmons

I have been on both sides. I have been a bully and I have been bullied. I was always a bully to the ones who were "the inferior ones"; the ones who never bothered anyone. I wondered why I bullied other kids, and I knew I did it because that was I way I could take my revenge. Revenge against those who bullied me, but instead of bullying the ones who actually bullied me, I'd bully the innocent ones. I bullied my brother a lot. I took advantage if the fact that I am older and bigger than him. I bullied so I didn't feel inferior. I wanted to at least be above someone else and after I bullied someone, I felt really bad for having dine it knowing that I had gone through that. My anger what made me bully others. Now, I am not a bully and I don't concider myself as one, since the people who bullied me stopped doing it, I stopped as well. I still teas people in a different way, people who I know and joke around with, but I always try to be as respectful as I can.
I think that people bully others to feel superior than everyone else. Bullying is like a vice; you like it because it makes you "a funny person" or "popular" so you keep doing it to gain popularity among or within a group of people. This is what happens in almost every middle school, kids do it fir popularity.
I want to succeed in the future, therefore I cannot be a part of this bullying game. In college I think the same thing as in middle school could happen, where people bully others because they're ignorants. I don't want to be a part of that. To reach my goals, instead of bullying people, I should try to help them and get them to help me find out what we really need to do to achieve our goals. As a student, I've always been a student with a good reputation at school, and with good grades, but I've also been part of bullying as I've experienced new things as I've grown, everything has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment