Friday, October 8, 2010

Nights of Terror...

I read Ianna's response to the book "Night" by Elie Wiesel. Right now, I am almost done with it. The book itself is great, it is a really well written piece. The reson why I like this book is because I like history. I do not like what happened in the book, but knowing about what happened helps me understand the world better.

This is one of the most amazing books I have ever read. So far Elie has lost himself and his religion. Watching all the cruelties of the Gastapo and SS have forced a soulless body to become the boy once known as Elie to become prisoner A-7713.

I also think that this book is amazing. Also one of the best books I've read. Personally, I love knowing about real events and learning about them, especially those that made differences in the world. Usually when I am reading fantasy or fiction I don't really get into the reading, but when I read something that really happened I really get connected with that reading. But it also depends on what it is. I usually like knowing about historical events such as World War I and II, some other wars, and colonization. I just like knowing how the world has become what it is now.
When I read stuff like this, it kind of inspires me to use another source and learn more about it. So a few days ago, after I finished reading some chapters, I came home and I started watching a movie called, "Defiance" which is about how German Nazis take Jews to Concentration camps but some scape and those that scape fight for their freedom. I really liked this movie, even though it was also sad but not as much as Night. So by reading Night, I feel inspired to know more. After that movie, I played another movie which isn't about Jews and Nazis, but about Americans in Africa. This movie is called "Black Hawk Down" and it is also really good. It's also about war.
Back to the point, this book is great because it does not only teach us a little history, but it brings us back to it. While I read, I feel like I am part of the story and that I am just an invisible character everyone does not notice. I feel pulled in to the story.
there is another movie I have seen and that I relate to this book, and that I will probably watch again tomorrow or sometime this weekend; The Pianist. The Puanist is also a movie about German Nazis taking Jews and killing them, torturing them and killing their faith. Like in Night, it brings us back to the events and shows us the feelings and what people went through. It is sad.
This book is really good and I encourage people to read it.

Ohh and btw Ianna, nice background! ;D

2 comments: