Saturday, December 11, 2010

Into The Wild second Book Response.

I found this book really interesting rather than boring. I like it because I know that the things, as crazy as they sound really happened. I like that feeling I get when something happens in a book and I know it really happened. I think of Chris as a normal person. Even though most people would say he wasted his life, I think that going to Alaska was just the decision he made for his own life.
Another reason why I like this book is bevause I like documentaries. I like knowing about real stories like this one. I think that Chria had his own way of seeing things, and he dis not think like all other humans.
I think that Chris just loved nature and just wanted to pe a part of it. He look for an adventure and he got an adventure.
In our discussion, we talked about how his adventure would have been different if he had taken resources with him. Maybe he wpuldve survived for longer. Maybe not. We also talked about his final goal; was it just to stay in Alaska forever or to go to Alaska and then come back?
I wonder how long his decomposed body spent in the sleeping bag before they found him. I know that in the story they said 2 weeks but I think he had to spend more days. It just doesn't make sense to me.
What about his family? What do they think about Chris's decision? I think they really worried when he was gone. When they got the news that Chris had died, I think that hurt them a lot. I also wondered if Chris regretted having gone on that crazy adventure after he had spent months in Alaska struggling to survive. I think that he didn't because that's what he wanted it seems and he never said anything about regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment