Saturday, December 4, 2010

Response to "what I want to be when I grow up" by Ruby

I read Ruby's post, and I liked it. She said,
      I was asked once, “Would you rather be poor with the job you love, or be rich with a job you hate?” It was something I had a hard time deciding, and to this day I still don't have my answer. With a job you love, you have the motivation to wake up in the morning and get to work. You don't stress too much on how much money you make because you have an intense devotion to what you're doing with your life. But with a job you loathe, what drives you to keep doing it? Everyday of you wake up and hate your life. Nobody ever sees you happy because...well, you aren't happy! Yeah, your bills are paid, but what then?
She Talks about something I have thought before. I know what I want to be when I grow up, but what if I don't get to be what I want to be? What if there are obstacles that make it impossible for me to reach my goal? I don't want to have a job that I won't enjoy. I want a job I feel proud of. Excited every morning before going to it, like Ruby said.
Like ruby, I love art and it has been and was my passion (soccer has replaced it). I am actually a really good artist buy I feel I have lost some of my skills. I don't feel so confident and good when I draw, (because I rarely draw now). I don't have the time to draw anymore. I stopped taking art classes in 8th grade because there aren't art classes at ASTI. Also, ASTI has been grey but it has taken a lot of time from me. In middle school, I did not have so much work to do. Now, I only have time on the weekends and on the weekends I'm usually busy. Over the last year, I have tried to draw but there just wasn't enough time.
What I want to be when I grow up is an engineer or an architect. I love art, and these two jobs connect to art a lot. That is why I want to work as an engineer or an architect.

No comments:

Post a Comment