Saturday, December 11, 2010

Responseto David's book reflection.

During the lit discussion, David had really interesting points. In David's post, I found points I agree with. During the lit discussion, our group, or most if the members of our group said the book and the story were starting to get boring and didn't really seem real.
I believed that Chris had lived an abnormal life because he didn't want to be successful in college but rather explore nature. He ran away from home. He enjoyed being by himself much more that hanging out with the friends that he makes. He donated all his money instead of using it on his trips. On the other hand, I also thought that it was reasonable because he had many family problems. The parents constantly yelled at each other so only his sister was close to him. If his sister wasn't there, then he would be by himself. He was also influenced by a writer named Jack London that expressed the fantasies of living in Alaska.
I think that this book was good, well, it is good so far. I would have predicted different things than what really happened but it is still good. Like David said, I also think that Chris was just one of those persons that just love nature and that doesn't need to be with anyone else except for himself to be happy. I think that some people judge the way Chris was, or the way he decided his life would be because they do not understand that not everyone is the same. People have different ideas of what they want to do with their own lives.
If I were Chris, I would bot have done what he did. He had all the resources he needed to succeed, and I would have used that to become a professional at something. But Chris is not me, or anyone else so there is no reason why he would do what we would have done.
I think that Chris died doing what he wanted. I think he died happy in a way because he reached his goal of getting to alaska. I think he was happy for doing what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment