Friday, January 21, 2011

Leaders and Corruption

I think that political power is seen and used different by different people. It really depends on who the person with power is to determine how they will use that power. I believe that if someone with a corrupt mind has a lot of power, that person will use their mind to do bad things and use the power in a bad and unfair way. Power is much like an addiction.I think of power as money. Money is something that when it is unlimited, it becomes addictive to get and to use. On the other hand, if a person with a great and humble mind, like the president of The United States Obama, they would most likely use the power for good. Just like i believe he is right now.
I think that people who use power for corruption are selfish people, they only of themselves and what everyone else thinks does not matter to them. I think that power is a very easy thing to become addicted to, and i have heard of people who seem to be good but once they gain power, they change to evil people. Power is really strong and can change people.
I think that George Orwell would agree with me, i think that he would say that it depends on who the person with power is. I have not finished the book, but from what i have read so far, i think that the different leaders have different ways of using power, some use it for the benefit of the whole farm and some do not.
Political power is a big thing in America, and all around the world; people want good leaders who know how to use politcal power correctly, at least that is what i would want.

No comments:

Post a Comment