Friday, September 24, 2010

Facebook Addiction.

It has almost been for about a year and a half since I made my facebook account. I have to admit it, that thing is like a drug!I never thought i would get so into it. I had a MySpace before I made my facebook, and I thought that MySpace was the coolest thing out there. I knew facebook existed, but it didn't really seem to interest me. I would always see my sister on facebook and I'd ask and tell her, "what's so good about facebook? That's only for old people, MySpace is better." and she'd look at me like she didn't care. So one day I decided to make a facebook account, and I wasn't so excited about it but I still wanted one because I wanted to try it out.
My sister helped me demonstrate how to use it because when I logged in for the first time, I had no idea what to do. I was clueless. Since I didn't like it when I made it, my first status update said, "Facebook is so weird...". It took me fir about 3 or 4 days to understand what facebook was good for and how to use it.
Since facebook wasn't as popular back then, most of my friends had a MySpace, but as many of us started making facebook accounts, it began to be a popular social network. By the 4th month of having a facebook, I started to use MySpace less and each time less and using facebook more and more. By the 6th month, It became an addiction.
My first year of high school started and I made new friends. I met all of the ASTI students in like a week. At the beginning of my freshmen year, I added for about 150 friends just from ASTI to my facebook account. That was a great step toward my addiction. I remember after finishing homework, I would go on the computer and log in to facebook. I would spend all the night just reading statuses and having random conversations with different people. When Christmas time came, facebook was a part of my daily routine; wake up, eat, go to school, soccer, eat, homework and finally facebook.
Now, facebook is still a part of my daily routine. I know it is distracting, but I have learned to manage my time. I think some people have problems getting off of facebook because it is such a huge distraction. Some people have the capacity of being on facebook for hours and hours, continuously. I think that facebook is the largest social network world wide. Facebook is everywhere, and it continues growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment