Friday, September 24, 2010

Response to Tiffany Cao's "People using God as an excuse"

Just by reading the title, "People using God as an excuse", this blog caught my attention. After reading this blog, i realized that i had thought about this before many, many times.
Recently, I noticed how people in the past use God for bad use. I hear people saying, " God told me that I should tell you this" or "God told me that I should go against my teacher since she's rude to me." Hearing all of those quotes makes me question, what does God mean to you?
My own experience has been that i used to attend to church every Sunday, for 10 years. Personally, i believe in God and God has had a big influence in my life. I stopped going to church because of personal things that happened in my life, but Church was always a big part of my life. I still go to church though, every once in a while. I will admit that i have joked about telling people that God told me something or that i saw Jesus, but i am always joking around with things i shouldn't. I know it is wrong and I want to stop.
I honestly think that it is offensive to God, and it is offensive to those who believe in God. People usually do stuff such as this, using religion as an excuse for anything, when they need something or when it will benefit them. Taking advantage of the name of the lord is not just and not right.
I have seem people and heard people use God as an excuse to tier actions, use the name as if it will prevent them from being in trouble. I know when someone jokes about it and I don't really mind, but I can tell when someone is seriously using the name just for their own benefit. I consider that an abuse.
I think that Tiffany makes a good point that people make bad decisions when they use God as an excuse, and I think that most people do this. I believe that the ones that really believe in God and that take it seriously, would not do such a thing.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! but when you hear someone say Make decisions that God wants you to make? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete